Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Air Conditioning ... Only Idiots Like Me Don't Have It

WANTED: WINDOW AIR CONDITIONING UNIT

My current apartment is the first place in my life where I've ever lived without A/C...and recently I remembered exactly why that is - because it sucks not to have air!!!

It is literally *91* degrees in here right now! :(

This afternoon, I got off my wallet and bought another fan, a stand-up oscillating one for the bedroom (we already have three ceiling fans and one window fan, but naturally this serves only to blow hot air around. Arg). I've been taking my new fan with me all over the house since it got it home, as if it were my pride and joy - the bedroom, living room, dining room, kitchen, you name it, haha. Although, I haven't yet brought it into the bathroom. But now that I think of it, I probably will have to bring it in there if I want to blow-dry or straighten my hair any time in the next three months, lol. Hey, it's a little less ghetto than turning the hair dryer on the "cool" setting and pointing it at my face, or going into the kitchen and just standing in front if the open freezer! ;)

So now, here I am, sitting around, two-feet in front of my fan, wearing next-to-nothing, sweating, and thinking about how hot I am, when I come to a conclusion.

I've decided, that air conditioning is one if those inventions, that, once it exists, you're sort of an idiot not to have it.

I'd go ahead and put it in the same category as sliced bread, light bulbs, microwave ovens and the internet... I mean seriously, now that these things exist - there is absolutely NO reason not to have them! And...I now decree air conditioning to be on that list. Central air, if you can get it, but if not, air of some sort should be required...like, by construction codes or in rental housing agreements, or something. Seriously! :)

Bottom line is ... I need a cooling unit in this house!!!

So - anybody have a window a/c unit they'd like taken off their hands??? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment